Ayurveda description of Sleep
Sleep is a bodily and psychological resting state of an individual. Throughout sleep he turns into inactive and won’t pay attention to surrounding atmosphere. His senses don’t reply to exterior stimuli.
In keeping with ayurveda sleep is
” yadaa tu manasi klaante karmaatmaanaha klamaanvitaaha |
Vishayebhyo nivartante tadaa swpiti maanavaha ||”
When thoughts , sensory and motor organs are exhausted they disassociate themselves from their senses and stimuli. This makes an individual to fall asleep.
Results of sleep:
In keeping with ayurveda sleep has each helpful and dangerous results relying on sleeping time and period. A great sleep nourishes physique, strengthens it. It will increase reminiscence energy, data, virility and longevity.Premature sleep results in unhealthy situations and reduces longevity.
Day time sleep:
Sleeping in daytime is dangerous to well being. However individuals who’re exhausted by bodily work, journey and trauma can take afternoon nap. Singers, emaciated individuals, youngsters and aged are benefited by day time sleep. Individuals who’ve undergone purifactory therapies can sleep in daytime. Throughout summer time nights are shorter than days, therefore daytime sleep is really helpful for everybody. In these situations day time sleep nourishes physique tissues (dhatus) and rejuvenates physique.
Advantages of excellent sleep
A great 6-7 hrs of sleep is critical to maintain our physique wholesome. Individuals who sleep lower than 6-7 hours are on the danger of growing illnesses. The advantages of sleep are as follows
1. It retains our coronary heart wholesome
2. It Reduces stress and calms thoughts.
three. Good sleep helps to cut back ache and irritation
four. Physique repairs its tissues in sleep.
5. 6-7 hours of sleep boosts reminiscence energy and will increase alertness.
6. It helps to beat despair
Ayurveda Dwelling cures to induce sleep.
1. A great therapeutic massage with vata balancing oil and heat water tub earlier than going to mattress helps to induce good sleep.
2. Devour heat gentle meals like rice and milk earlier than going to mattress.
three. A clear and comfy mattress with good environment helps to induce sleep.
four. Keep away from sleeping in daytime
5. Don’t watch tv earlier than going to mattress
6. Keep away from espresso, tea, alcohol and tobacco earlier than going to mattress.
7. Scale back stress ranges with yoga and meditation.
eight. Train usually in daytime.
9. Therapeutic massage your foot with heat oil and take a foot tub in heat water for 15 minutes.
10. Keep away from consumption of oily meals at evening.
Dr.SavithaSuri – B.A.M.S has been an Ayurvedic Practitioner since 1989. Her articles about ayurveda have been printed in information papers and web sites. She is a daily well being columnist to a regional information paper.Ayurveda assist by ayurveda consultations e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org Mob: 91-9945995660